Forms of hosting services
A hosting solution concerns hoarding and/or sharing particular content on a hosting server handled by a hosting vendor. There are various types of hosting services utilized for various purposes, so let's take a glance at them. In that way, you can elect what you need, based on whether you'd like to own a website, mail address accounts, or to share files with mates and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a service delivered by particular providers, which enables you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived files, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole aim is to share files, since it does not offer website uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey an index of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php website files in your browser. Free file hosting packages are often supported by displaying advertisements beside the download links, while a timer makes you wait for a certain span of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you own a paid file hosting plan, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no restriction in regard to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the help of the cPanel hosting distributors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is a completely untrue interpretation of the actual connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would allocate the load between different sets of servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving various hosting services (email, data storage, stats, DNS, databases, Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is just a sort of a storage space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; certain providers provide a hosting service for images solely. This hosting kind is good if you would like to share a large number of images with comrades or associates since the service is commonly free of cost. You will receive a randomly generated link for every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for web sites.
- Email hosting: a solution dedicated to taking care of your email accounts. Some firms offer site hosting services for web sites, but do not offer an e-mail hosting service. If you wish to manage an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to have a website, then the e-mail hosting service is what you require. You can open e-mail address accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The email hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to some video clip, or you can embed the video in your web site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of utilizing this approach instead of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video file creates a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with several videos and a few hundred viewers, you may have a problem with your web page hosting resources. Embedding the video will permit you to utilize as many video files as you want without worrying about system resources.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you need if you want to have a website. To a certain degree, it encompasses all of the aforementioned hosting kinds since, along with your web sites, you can also host images and files, you can keep databases and email addresses, upload video files, and so on. At Zona Informatica, for instance, you can take a look at web hosting and dedicated web hosting services that enable you to have all of the abovementioned solutions in a single place. There may be restrictions based on the kind of hosting solution that you've selected - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your hosting plan may be better or worse compared with the standard e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are conceived for particular web content exclusively.